This old-school dubstep track with a slow, sustained bassline is the original inspiration for this project. However the footage can be sold and repurposed for any commercial or musical track that pushes the concept of heavy bass, or powerful bass technology
A music video that captures the elegant, escalating riot of humans seeking to violently consummate with, and ultimately be completely owned by, BASS. This video was inspired by a specific bass song, but ultimately would be shot as a base collection of story visuals for VJs to remix and drop during facemelting bass drops at massive concerts. Or, purchased as the visuals for a specific track about bass that can levitate people. Shot in high speed .
We open on a single man sitting on a chair in a dark room lit from above, facing a massive sentient subwoofer. Like an interrogation, or two fighters in a ring, the harsh dramatic lighting focusing on the two opposing parties
A “sentient” nemesis with a clear, ominous and potent presence, clearly a work of cutting edge power-engineering, probably about a story tall
Details of the close up shot should indicate the scale of the sub. It’s not just a regular sized speaker. Maybe add some lights to indicate sentience.
It has the power to wreck you, like a sound cannon (visual ref: air cannon)
And in beautiful slow motion, round 1 begins with a shockwave rippling across our subject’s face, distorting and warping his face
To achieve this effect, we will be employing large high-speed fans. It will have a similar effect to being blown by a leafblower.
And our dude gets blown back over his chair in slow motion
A few more people start running towards the sub in an angry, passionate frenzy
Like front row kids at a concert getting their faces melted off
They also get owned, because the bass is too much for them, and their faces also get distorted and they get blown back in mid-air
The situation escalates, as subsequent rounds pits larger crowds running chaotically towards the camera, and their clothes get shredded while their faces are getting distorted.
Single sustained and escalating tension that erupts in a primal orgasmic release
At the climax/ towards the end, the dark perimeter of the room light up with new machines powering on, to reveal that the walls are actually surrounded with multiple powerful mega-subwoofer
They all go on at the same time and BOOOOOOM SHOCKWAVE
and EVERYONE LEVITATES
Soundwaves can actually already levitate things so…
The dust on the ground can be used as a canvas for some cool patterns to accentuate the shockwave
And we can throw in a levitating cat
And in the end…
Camera pulls back and you get a glimpse that this was all part of an experiment, testing out new technology. Just a hint. It’s dark and powerful, but you can’t necessarily tell if it’s good or bad.
Script / Ideas
- Single guy sitting in chair dramatically facing a single sentient subwoofer gets blown over in slow motion
- More people running towards the speaker, faces contorted in primal rage, also get blown back in slow motion
- Even more people run towards the speaker, and their clothes get shredded in slow motion
- The soundwave compressions are so palpable that they congeal in midair, turning into jizz and hitting the half naked manic crowd still writhing and desperately seeking it, close up shots
- It is revealed that the entire room is encircled in subwoofers, they all turn on, with a light indicating their ready for action, a shockwave appears with time remapping and everyone levitates. You see a cat floating up